[LMB] LMB is the list back up? I'm back

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Mon May 10 12:43:59 BST 2021

On 10/05/2021 11:24, Mark Goldfield wrote:
> On May 9, 2021, at 7:30 PM, Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I haven't read " A Fire Upon the Deep for so long, but I loved it and the
> sequel.  There was also a prequel to it also. I can't remember the title
> though.
>
> The sequel is called “ A Deepness in the Sky<https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&sxsrf=ALeKk02xVvLeNGgYW5zgRNKG8a0NnK6iFg:1620642168980&q=A+Deepness+in+the+Sky&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLUz9U3MDY1qkp7xGjCLfDyxz1hKe1Ja05eY1Tl4grOyC93zSvJLKkUEudig7J4pbi5ELp4FrGKOiq4pKYW5KUWFytk5imUZKQqBGdXAgDO4bAjXAAAAA&biw=414&bih=715>”

I think that when you say prequel, I think you mean
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Children_of_the_Sky which is set
entirely on the Tines' world.

I read it, but I was too confused by the changing of the names and
personalities that I didn't really enjoy it. OTOH, his Marooned in
Realtime and Deepness in the Sky are both my favorites. Deepness because
it is such a great look at an alien civilization, and Marooned because
it is a great detective story in a great SF setting.