[LMB] DRM?

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri May 14 09:27:04 BST 2021

On Thu, 13 May 2021 17:22:35 +0000, "Harvey Fishman" <fishman at panix.com>
wrote:

> [...]
not see any advantages to me for removing DRM other than as an intellectual exercise that frankly I am just too damned lazy to engage in. Comments, please.

>>>  Harvey
>>>

>>The Kindle app on the Mac is unstable and has to be reloaded frequently, very annoying. And Amazon might discontinue
>>access anytime, like Microsoft did with “Plays for Sure”.
>
>I do not, and never have, used a Mac. I read 99% of the time on my
>Kindle Oasis and very occasionally on my PC. If Amazon ever stops
>supporting the Oasis, I strongly suspect that that will be extremely
>actionable, so I sincerely doubt that they will do that. I have no need
>for DRM nor any strong reason for spending the effort to remove it.

The "effort" is minimal.
--
"So overall I don't think either you or I got it right, which is
still doing better than average for a Usenet exchange"