[LMB] DRM?

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Fri May 14 16:32:17 BST 2021

> On May 14, 2021, at 8:48 AM, Harvey Fishman <fishman at panix.com> wrote:
>
> Not really. First I have to configure calibre to remove DRM, which I admit is a one time task.

Except it isn’t.   We need to update the plug-in periodically, and Calibre won’t tell us when.

> But then on a continuing basis I must download each book twice; first, and automatically, to the Kindle. Then I must selectively download it to the computer and then move it into calibre. That's a lot of work when I just want to go and read the book.

Agreed.

But Calibre is useful as a kind of database anyway.   I also convert my books to text, making it easier to search my library and cut and paste what I’ve found.   I’ve done so on this forum when people have asked questions about Lois’ work.

I’ve been able to find all of my .epubs, and copy them to a folder, where I copied them into a different e-book reader.