[LMB] OT: AKICOTL: category or genre of book that ...

B. Ross Ashley brashley46 at gmail.com
Sat May 15 05:59:54 BST 2021

On Wed, 12 May 2021 04:21:13 +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>
wrote:

> I remember a book with strange type settings such as spiral, loops, and zigzag. I remember very little else about it, including the title or author. It was supposed to be avant-garde but I found it hard to read and, to me, pretentious. Of course, that could be silly me not being able to appreciate great art.

I remember a few chapbooks published by Coach House Press here in
Toronto that had such creative typography. If I recall correctly,
Lawrence Ferlinghetti's City Lights press in San Francisco did some like
that too, particularly for the poet Greg Corso.

I remember being grateful that in my short career as an offset
platemaker I never had to deal with that!