[LMB] OT: DRM thanks

Mark Allums mark at allums.email
Sun May 16 03:33:18 BST 2021

On 5/15/2021 8:56 AM, Rebecca Price wrote:
> Could you send me that link, please?
>
> On Saturday, May 15, 2021, Susan Priest <spriest611 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I rise from lurkerdom to thank the listee who provided the link to the
>> latest DeDRM version. I now have the ability to remove DRM from my Kindle
>> purchases again. As I have mentioned on list before, I use DRM to allow me
>> to edit the errors, sometimes egregious, in ebooks. As someone who likes to
>> reread, I hate to be thrown out of my reading experience by mistakes which
>> SHOULD have been caught before the book was offered for sale.
>> Susan Priest
>> Washington PA

Keep in mind, if you have the most recent DeDRM, then you also need the
most recent Calibre, currently 5.17.  (Both were rewritten to use Python
3, the previous editions used Python 2.)

Calibre:

calibre - E-book management (calibre-ebook.com) <https://calibre-ebook.com/>

DeDRM:

Release v7.2.1 — Full Release · apprenticeharper/DeDRM_tools · GitHub
<https://github.com/apprenticeharper/DeDRM_tools/releases/tag/v7.2.1>

Apprentice Alf:

Apprentice Alf’s Blog | Everything you ever wanted to know about DRM and
ebooks, but were afraid to ask. (wordpress.com)
<https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/>