[LMB] Assassins of Thasalon - More Spoilers

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Mon May 17 02:30:49 BST 2021

On May 16, 2021, at 5:53 PM, Margaret via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

> And I have realized that one of the things I really like about LMB's World of the Five Gods is her depiction of the numinous. It expands and enhances my thoughts in this area.

Yes yes yes!

Who else does numinous well?  It's not very common, I don't think.  Megan Whalen Turner does.  Tolkien.  Oh, Diana Wynne Jones, in some of her books where the characters literally move mountains.  And then there's Greer Gilman's Cloud and Ashes —pretty much all numinous, all the time.

Katherine