[LMB] The Assassins of Thasalon -- typos

Lois Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Tue May 18 19:22:48 BST 2021

[LMB] The Assassins of Thasalon -- typos
Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue May 18 17:08:55 BST 2021

EO:  When I saw that name, I had to smile.  AIUI, "Grabyat" in Russian means
something like "We are being robbed!"  Wouldn't naming a commercial port
that be something like calling your store the "Caveat Emptorium?"

LMB:  Heh.  I totally made it up for the sound of it, starting from
another substrate entirely (syllable salad of town names from a map of
the Balkans), so that's a coincidence.  (Like "Vor".)

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 11:06 AM Elizabeth <ladylyzbeth at gmail.com> wrote:

Elizabeth W:  This isn't exactly a tyoo, but there was a mention of the
ports of Grabyat.
 > Looking at the map we have of this world, Grabyat is landlocked. Is
the map
 > wrong or am I missing something?

LMB:  I don't think I've extended the map out that far, although others
may have.  My geography isn't set until a story passes through it,
usually.  If Pen ever goes west into Rusylli territory, we may learn
more together.

Ta, L.