[LMB] OT: Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Wed May 19 03:12:42 BST 2021

Louann Miller said:

> No spoilers, but I finished it in two days.

I haven't read it yet, but I plan to. Thanks for the recommendation!

> A great combination of hardcore
> science-ing the sh*t out of a series of technical problems and the
> essentials of what makes a moral sentient being. I'm not sure our species
> deserves the high opinion Andy Weir has of us, but I hope we keep trying.

I can't speak to the issues in this book, but I do think that one thing our
world badly needs is more books with a sense of idealism, a high opinion of
the potential of humanity, and an intelligent sense of morality.

As a species, we could use a good pep talk.

namaste,
Elizabeth