[LMB] OT: Gardening

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Fri May 21 22:26:00 BST 2021

Sylvia McIvers said:

> I have had lots of luck in planting beet toppings.
> I don't actually grow beets, but I have lovely red-veined dark green
leaves
> on my windowsill.

That sounds lovely! I really can't do windowsill pots - I live in a
basement which gets almost no sunlight and the windows are small.  I'm
doing my best to find work-arounds, like having an AeroGarden with its own
light, but my best bet is planting things outdoors. (And those poor
seedlings in the laundry room, which have probably figured out that their
mother, though caring, knows nothing.)

> Plant an onion top, and eat the scallions. Yum.

That sounds wonderful.

> This is the first year that I've got white
> flowers from that planting... maybe 7 years ago?

Isn't it wonderful how our plants can surprise us?

namaste,
Elizabeth

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>