[LMB] The Assassins of Thasalon -- typos

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Sat May 22 02:31:41 BST 2021

On May 19, 2021, at 1:18 PM, Lois Aleta Fundis <loisaletafundis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Look up "rivers that flow north" on a search engine near you for many more
> examples. Years ago I compiled a webpage on this subject myself

Cool!  Watersheds are fascinating.   I found this site -- http://williamahuston.blogspot.com/p/ny-pa-watersheds-map.html -- that shows the complicated situation in NY and PA.  I especially like the second-to-last map, showing all the different directions the water flows.  We're on the Oriskany Creek, which flows north into the Mohawk River, which flows east to the Hudson, then south to Long Island Sound and the Atlantic Ocean.  But just about 8 miles south, creeks drain south into the Susquehanna watershed and ultimately into the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.  There are even places where the two watersheds seem almost to intertwine.  And just a few miles west, the Oswego watershed flows north into Lake Ontario and then northeast through the St. Lawrence Seaway to the Atlantic.

Katherine