[LMB] OT: DRM removal

B. Ross Ashley brashley46 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 01:02:17 BST 2021

On Sun, 23 May 2021 12:55:14 +0000, "Harvey Fishman" <fishman at panix.com>
wrote:

> I received an email about an app called Z3Kit for DRM removal from
> various kinds of downloads. Does anyone know anything about it? Thanks.
>
> Harvey

I found their website, https://z3kit.com/ , and it seems that they want
to be paid for what Apprentice Alf et al provide for free. They have
converters for each of several different ebook formats, each of which
wants payment. Apprentice Alf's converter will remove DRM on a number of
formats.

They do have a potentially useful converter for audiobooks, but I don't
get books from Audible so I have no idea how useful it could be.