[LMB] OT: can't skip to the end of an ebook?

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Thu May 27 11:23:14 BST 2021

> On May 26, 2021, at 1:44 PM, alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca wrote:
>
> On a side note, all the chapters were numbered in Roman numerals. I'd heard that these weren't taught any more in schools - is there an assumption still that everyone will pick them up?
>
> Alayne

Yes, without Roman numerals people won’t understand the Superb Owl titles.

Given the state of education in this country Roman Numerals are not a priority.

In addition if in an ebook the chaperter number are given in Roman numerals and you
can’t go forward or back except page by page what difference does the Chapter number make.

—
It is wrong, always, everywhere, and for everyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence.” —W. K. Clifford (1845–1879), “The Ethics” My take is belief should be proportional to the evidence.